Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: Is it true Mike broke his rist skateboarding today?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member RoadZOmbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 15th, 2005
    Posts
    188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    damn that really sucks.....so the guitar player from T.S.O.L is going to take Mikes place while it heals?

  2. #12
    Inactive Member esn212's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2004
    Posts
    293
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hate to be a dick but I have to do this...*Wrist

  3. #13
    Inactive Member sandnash's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I hope Mike's wrist heals quickly. My boyfriend and I were talking today about just how charismatic he plays guitar live.

    I wonder what the upcoming shows will be like, I can't imagine him just singing! I hope someone will take the time to give us details.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member esvenneby's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hope they dont cancel the Anaheim shows!! I wanna see Ron Emory play with them.
    You know its kinda strange, that its come full circle.
    Jonny Ray broke his elbow (I believe) while skateboarding on the Mike Ness tour. They had to replace him with opening band Deke Dickersons bass player, which is Brent Harding, who is now back with SD.
    Ron Emory is one of Jonny Rays best friends, and now he is replacing Mike on guitar for breaking his wrist while skateboarding almost 7 years later....ha, crazy how things play out.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Indulgence27's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2005
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, I just don't see how that's gonna work. His guitar is such a vital part of their sound. It is not necessarily that he plays anything technical, but the manner in which he plays it.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2005
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The first thing this made me think of is when Metallica had to do pretty much the same thing when Hetfield caught on fire...

    While Mike Ness's guitar playing is as much a part of the Social D sound as his voice, I really do think this could end up sounding really cool. As a one-time thing of course. If any of these shows got recorded (and recorded well) this could be a neat piece of history.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Rat_Fink's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Im sorry guys but I think this is all fuckin ridiculous. I didnt pay 70 bucks to go so see
    "True Sounds of Distortion" (TSOD) But I guess we had it coming. It either be a skateboard or a bike. Shit happens...but I'd rather fuckin wait.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member esvenneby's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would love to see True Sounds of Distortion (as you call it). I have a feeling tomorrow nights show might be somewhat of a mess, but I'm sure the next 2 nights will be better. I wish I could be there, but I really dont feel like driving to Vegas, considering I just barely got back.
    Ratfink, I know it sucks that you wont get to see them perform at their finest, but take another perspective and just enjoy it for it being a unique opportunity. Wish the band luck, they have some mighty big hurdles to overcome in a short amount of time. I'm sure they would be canceling the shows if they werent make-up shows already. Hopefully it all goes well, so they continue the rest of the shows... I wanna check them out with Ron on guitar. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  9. #19
    HB Forum Owner wolfpits's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,546
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Has anybody seen the Movie "Rock Star" featuring Mark Wahlberg? Its based on the real life story of Judas Priest and how they wanted a good replacement for Rob Halford. They ended up going with a guy who fronted a Judas Priest tribute band because he sounded just like Rob.

    Hint Hint Hint.....Hey Mike, there are a couple of guys right here in Southern California who play in a Social D tribute band who know all the songs already. Im sure Adrian or myself could find time in our busy schedules to fill in.

    Wouldnt that be a Hoot?

    steve

  10. #20
    Inactive Member jen415's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2005
    Posts
    641
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Since I read this yesterday, I've been thinking about the scene from "Another State of Mind" DVD at the house in Canada. When you watch the commentary from Ness and the guy from the Vandals. Mike doesn't skateboard on the ramp, and the guy says that's good, you dont want to brake your arm while on tour. lol. Whatever, Erica and Erika, I might be heading to SoCal for one ofthese shows! I'll let you know if I make it!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •